Important information regarding our response to COVID-19
The safety of our patients and their families, as well as the safety of our staff, has always been and will continue to be our number one priority.
To this end, we appreciate your understanding as we continue to take the following precautionary measures during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Before the Appointment
Parents of New patients will have Registration/Medical Review forms emailed to them for completion prior to the appointment – these forms can also be accessed on our website (on our New Patients page). It is expected that parents will forward these forms to us prior to the appointment.
- Only one parent or caregiver may attend the appointment.
- Siblings will not be permitted to attend appointments – parents will need to make alternative arrangements for the care of siblings during their child’s appointment.
- Appointments will be a maximum of 15 minutes to minimise the risk of transmission should a patient or parent unknowingly be positive for COVID-19.
- If a child or caregiver becomes unwell, please call us ahead of time to reschedule the appointment. It may be possible to still proceed with the appointment if the child/caregiver has a negative Rapid Antigen Test just prior to the appointment.
- However if a child or caregiver has had contact with someone who is positive for COVID-19 then the appointment will need to be rescheduled.
- Alcohol based hand sanitiser is available for use upon entering the Waiting Room.
- Appointments are spaced out to minimise the amount of time spent in the Waiting Room and to facilitate social distancing.
- Our staff will be wearing N95 masks and protective eyewear as per SA Health guidelines, and have been fully immunized.
- Parents and older children are expected to wear masks as per SA Health guidelines.
If you have any questions regarding your child’s upcoming appointment, please contact us on 08 7325 0300.